The Lighter Way to Enjoy Culture Shock

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boone, North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Remembrance of Moldova: As an American, accustomed to the unorganized applause which is typical to the States, I must observe that synchronized clapping is really crazy the first time you experience it. The volume attained by the synced clap is just as great as the volume of US applause; the only difference is that everyone is clapping together in a coordinated fashion. Nevertheless, I imagine that synchronized clapping would be less rewarding for the receiver of the phalangical praise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home